join our team
social media manager and assistant copywriter
Studio Collective — Cape Town, South Africa
Studio Collective, a boutique communications and design firm based in New York and Cape Town, is looking for a diligent, self-starting, dynamic copywriter-social media manager to work on one of our US medical wellness brands. The candidate will report to the agency’s communications director and is required to work in the Woodstock Cape Town office.
- Work with our head of communications — and your own personal passion for words and brands — to develop creative multi-channel content campaigns.
- Brainstorm and write miscellaneous copy as needed, including advertising copy, social posts, as well as lengthier e-books, white papers, and reports.
- Oversee day-to-day social media channels and lead social media efforts including building brand awareness and growth strategies.
- Help craft and manage newsletters, and think of creative ways to improve engagement.
- Monitor mentions and track community engagement.
- Ensure all content follows best practices for metadata and SEO.
- Analyze monthly insights and draft intelligence reports for the client.
- Assist in managing and maintaining the brand’s website.
- Assist in writing and editing blog posts as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
experience, skills, and qualities
- At least 1-2 years previous experience in a media-related field, including copywriting, content creation,
- journalism, digital management or PR.
- An ability to deliver clean, sparkling copy and inhabit the voice and spirit of various brands.
- Strong executive functioning (prioritising, time management, etc.), with an ability to meet tight deadlines and deliver quality content in good time.
- Familiarity with WordPress and HubSpot is a plus.
- Ability to act as a reliable helper/godsend/breath of fresh air to the senior team.
- An understanding of the digital media space .
- A self-starting nature, able to run with projects (and, of course, to ask questions when necessary)
- An interest in medical innovation, lifestyle and wellness is a plus.
- A willingness to work in and contribute to a strong, positive women-driven environment (although all genders are welcome to apply)
- A comfort with dynamic, fast-paced work environments and an interest in interacting with clients in different countries.
Please email us your resume and portfolio to apply.